Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kind of a Shitty Day

Michaela: 1 small accident
Maeve: 3 craps in her pants
Alasdair: 5

The day itself wasn't all that shitty. A little hectic here and there, but good lord! How much poop can one woman tolerate in 12 hours?? I've just totally had it with Maeve and her panty pooping. I have found her "place" though. She goes into the closet in her room and does it there. But this evening she did it at the library. So I wouldn't let her check out any books, I made her ride home (much to the dismay of my other kids) with her pants full, and then I made her go straight to bed an hour early after I cleaned her up. Honestly, I just don't know how to nip this one in the bud. She is supposed to be completely potty trained by the end of August so that she can go to preschool, but I just don't see that happening. Plus, I am just the kind of person who can't deal with this type of stubborn behavior. It's illogical and it drives me crazy. I know, I know. Why do I have three kids if i can't stand illogical people? I DON'T KNOW.

And Alasdair has been having a lot of movements too. So far the weepy rash hasn't come back, but it is red. So I've been slathering him in Desitin and keeping him comfortable at least.

One more day to go, and then it's my sitter's turn to change poopie diapers for a while. Hallelujah!!

2 comments:

CSL said...

Bless you! I don't miss the diapers and potty training! My second daughter still had accidents in kindergarten!

I am a wife, a mother, and a graduate student. I’m currently researching mommy blogs, and I found your blog. I would appreciate your input about why you blog! If you would participate, please visit my blog—http://reflectionsofasheepishlion.blogspot.com—and answer my questions in your comment.

Thank you, and God bless you.

Anonymous said...

So funny... but not. Have you tried giving Maeve something if she poops in the potty? Im guessing that you have. Or has she watched another child her age using the potty? Or does she do it at around the same time evryday? If she does maybe sit her on the potty for that entire time until she poops???

My baby has Hirschsprungs mommy.. Megan