Sunday, March 29, 2009

A day out on the town

Michaela: no accidents
Maeve: 1
Alasdair: 1

It was a quiet diaper day today, which is good. Because last night we had Michaela's 7th birthday party. We had 19 kids, and it started at 8 PM. Late. But it was way fun. It was at a local bouncy house place. We let the kids jump themselves ragged, stuffed them full of cake and then sent them on their way. All except my niece and by friend's two kids. The spent the night. We brought them home and got them all ready for bed and plugged in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. at 12:45 a.m. my sister and I went to bed. The kids zonked out at about 1:15 or so. Then they got up this morning at SEVEN A.M. WTF??? And we had a busy day planned. I took them all down to the Pacific Science center to watch a 3-D movie, we had lunch at McDonalds and then back to play at the center. Afterwards we got some Seattle Fudge and headed home. They were plum tuckered out, and frankly so was I. None of the kids got naps, including Doodie. We weren't on the freeway more than 5 minutes before 4 of the 5 kids were asleep. Michaela lasted until we got about half way home.

If I had had to change more than 2 poopie diapers today I think I would have just laid down and cried. :) It was a good day.

No comments: