Monday, March 30, 2009

I really hate potty training

Michaela: no accidents
Maeve: 2, one of them in her undies
Alasdair: 1

Last night after bath, Maeve insisted on wearing her strawberry panties. but since we're nowhere near being able to wear undies at night instead of a pull-up, we compromised. She wore the panties underneath her pull-up! Of course this morning she had peed in them both. Later on we were at the Y, Maeve in daycare w/Doodie and I was in the gym working out with my friend. Just as we were leaving we walked into the hall and saw one of the teachers walking Maeve toward us, her pants full of a huge ball of pooh. Apparently, they don't "do" poopy diapers in there. Later on after nap and we picked up Michaela from school, Maeve wanted undies again, so we put them on. She pooped in them.

I hate the whole poopy undies thing. I never know what to do with them, and I can't be washing a load of laundry that has 3 pairs of size 2T panties in it. I really hate potty training. I'd gladly pay for someone else to do it for me. I guess that's what full-time daycare is for, huh? I had that luxury with Michaela, but I'm on my own with the little ones.

The nice thing is that Doodie wants in on the action already. Every time we coax Maeve onto the potty and give her a jelly bean, he wants to sit on it too. So we give him a jelly bean. I mean, ONE of my kids has to be easy and successful to train, right? The odds are in my favor. It wasn't Michaela, I thought it would be Maeve until her stubborn streak kicked in full force, so Doodie's left. HD or no, he will be easy!!

No comments: