Friday, March 27, 2009

It's been almost a month?? Seriously?

Michaela: been having small accidents lately
Maeve: regular
Alasdair: regular, but with some tiny rash issues lately

So, things have been wildly crazy at my house lately. It's a March Madness of another kind. I know 11 close friends and family that have birthdays in March. That means a good portion of our evenings are taken up preparing for parties and get togethers. I know. It's rough. Plus, Mike and I are trying hard to make time for being with the family instead of out running around town. And we've made a pact to turn the TV and laptops OFF until after the kids go to bed, which seriously puts a damper on my blogging time.

Nevertheless, i will make time to blog about poop for 5 minutes in the evenings. I mean, it's not that hard, right? :)

Kid updates:

Michaela - we've switched her from cow's milk to soy. We had to try like 6 brands to find a one that she could tolerate the taste of. She's so picky. I don't know where she gets it. I also have her taking a probiotic every day. So far I don't see any change. Last weekend I gave her an adult does of Milk of Magnesia which is supposed to cause a bm in 6 hours or less. 24 hours later she finally went, but only once. So the next day I gave her some mineral oil. That helped her go a few more times, but she's still not unconstipated. We have her well child check up in a few weeks. I'm going to ask for a referral to a GI.

Maeve - she's been complaining of her tummy hurting almost every day for about 3 weeks now. I'm actually thinking she might be backed up too. Her poo is starting to smell pretty bad, it's got a weird consistency to it, and I think her tummy is distended a bit. Ugh.

Alasdair - you know, the one with Hirschsprung's Disease is the one who is doing fine. He's still skinny as all get out, but he's pooping like a champ. We're still pumping him full of as many calories as we possibly can every day, he's growing, but still doesn't weigh much. It worries me, but he still seems healthy. I'll just have to get used to a not-fat baby. :)

No comments: