Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's Flaming!!

Michaela: no accidents!
Maeve: 1
Alasdair: 3

Plus, his little pecky is all flaming red! This morning I changed his first diaper of the day and saw something white and solid in the opening of his penis. I took it out and pulled back the foreskin and saw some more. I cleaned out what I could, but it was all red and kind of puffy in there. I'm not sure where it's coming from. We didn't do anything different, cleaned it all the same way as we have been for the last 16 months... When I changed his second diaper, also poopy, i found more white stuff to clean out. Then with his other diaper changes I haven't found more, but it's still very very red. Poor little guy. It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all though.

I called the nurse at the pediatrician's office and she said to keep it clean and put some zinc oxide cream (20%) on it, but come on, the kids LIVES in Desitin. What good will that do? Anyway we'll keep it clean and watch it until Saturday. If it's not looking better we'll take him in to the doc. Hopefully it will just get better on it's own. Poor Dude!! :(

No comments: