Monday, December 22, 2008

Honest, I swear.

Michaela: 1
Maeve: 1
Alasdair: 1

So, I've obviously neglected my blog for a few days, but give me a break. It's Christmas!! And there's like a foot and a half of snow outside in SEATTLE if you can believe it!! I've never seen this much snow in the greater Seattle area in all my 32 years here. It's amazing!

So, anyway, I'm sure I'll be back to the daily recap once it's calmed down from the celebrations. I did, however, get Michaela to the doc today and got her a referral to the Encopresis Treatment Center in Edmonds. Hopefully we can work with them and try to get her soiling issues under control. The doc today said she was still impacted. I think she's been inpacted for 4 solid years, seriously. I'll make our first appointment after New Years is over. I asked our doc if I could give her some milk of magnesia to really try to get her colon clean and he said I could, and to add mineral oil to it as well. So I did. I mixed this really awful concoction of the MoM, Mineral oil and Egg nog. Gross. But she drank it all down and about 15 minutes later was in the toilet laying the hugest 1-piece poop I've seen from her in quite a while! But that was it. I was expecting a few hours of running to the bathroom, but it didn't happen. Then after dinner and a bath she vomited. I'm a little worried that instead of working with gravity the meds made it easier for things to work against it. Or she got a bug. I hope it's not the latter. I mean, it's Christmas!

1 comment:

GFMouse said...

sounds like a blockage to me. It used to happen to Tyler as well when he was blocked.Eventhough I hate the stuff I'd try high does of miralax on her for 3 days to clean her out.