Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sidump'r

Michaela: 2
Maeve: 0
Alasdair: 2

Okay, I have experienced the single most nasty moment of my life as a mother to date. The kids were in the bath tonight (we had spaghetti, so a bath is mandatory) all playing happily while I cleaned up the kitchen and living room, laying out their jammies and diapers, etc. After a while I walked by the bathroom and out of the corner of my eye I see Michaela getting on the toilet. So I look in there and see a HUGE BROWN POOP RUNNING DOWN THE SIDE OF MY BATHTUB. Oh. My. God. I totally lost it. I just should not have to do this with her at her age. So after screaming at her thoroughly to the point where SHE actually wanted to go to bed early, I went in and talked to her about it. I've decided that tomorrow I'm making an appointment with our pediatrician and asking him for a referral to the Encopresis Treatment Center in Edmonds. Even if nothing is physically wrong with her, of which I'm not convinced, the things we are doing to handle this are obviously not working. So we're going to go there to get some help.

I need a stiff drink tonight.

No comments: