Thursday, January 15, 2009

Victory!

Michaela: no accidents!
Maeve: 1
Alasdair: 1

So, last night I had some issues finding Ilex. I went to our local big chain pharmacy and they didn't carry it (not that I expected them to) and they couldn't order it from their distributor because it was "back ordered". But the pharmacist suggested going to the Children's Hospital outpatient clinic and asking for it, because even if they didn't have it in stock they could get it directly from the inpatient pharmacy which obviously DOES have it since they hand it out like candy there. Good plan with one caveat. I didn't want to drive 30 miles away to get butt cream. So I called the hospital in town and asked their pharmacy if they could get it. She said they could order it and it would be in the next morning! YAY! I went and picked it up today and paid LESS than the same tube would be on-line from the company's website, even without the shipping. Sa-weet!

So, if you're looking for Ilex, try your closest hospital pharmacy. I bet they can get it for you!!

Of course, Doodie's rash is gone now. But at least we're prepared for it's inevitable return.

No comments: