Monday, April 27, 2009

the pooping isn't going so well

Michaela: no accidents
Maeve: 2 poops in her panties
Alasdair: 1

Just like every potty training kid, Maeve still hasn't grasped the whole pooping thing yet. This morning she was laying on the floor playing with some Barbies and all of a sudden she looks up at me and says "I peed!!" with a look of shock on her face. So I brought her over to clean her up and lo and behold, poop too. So I cleaned her up and then reminded her what we do when we have to go poo, and not an hour later she pooped in her panties again. Geesh.

The problem is that with Michaela i knew what she did when she had to poop. She had a pooping "place" and she'd get really quiet and stand a certain way. With Maeve I haven't figured it out yet. She does tend to get quiet and still I think, but I haven't quite grasped it.

And, to top things off, Maeve woke up with one of her butt cheeks covered in a rash with one spot in particular really flaky and nasty. I have no idea what it is, if I should use benadryl or steroid cream, or how she got it. What I do know is that it is NOT diaper rash. And I dare you to try to google "rash" and "butt cheek" or "bottom" or "butt" and "child" and not get an entry for diaper rash. Google fails. If it's not getting better in a week i'll take her in to the doc. For now we're just chalking it up to Swine Flu. :)

No comments: