Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Terrible Twos? Terrible Threes? Nope. It's the Terrible Maeves.

Michaela: no accidents
Maeve: 0
Alasdair: 3

First the poo, then the "Maeves". Doodie has been pooping up something runny and nasty for a few days now, anywhere from 3 - 6 times a day. And the diapers are FULL. Yesterday they started eating away at his bum and now he's got a rash. It's only weepy around his bunger, but his balls are red and raw, and his poor thighs are all irritated. The poo keeps running down his legs inside his pants and so it's making everything it touches all red. We used some Ilex tonight and creamed him all up with some Desitin too.

Oh, and he ate some birthday candles today, so his poops are runny, green and flecked with pretty red and blue wax!

So, I don't know what to do with Maeve. She is hands-down the most stubborn person I have ever come into contact with. She won't do as I ask, as I say, as I scream, nothing. We try to keep things fun and light and with any small request the mood turns dark. There's pouting and screaming and foot stomping which leads to time outs and butt smacking and sitting in your room crying for hours on end. And then there's Maeve. j/k! I took next week off of work for the sole purpose of potty training Maeve so that she can go to preschool in the fall. I was optimistic, but the closer we get to P-Week the less I think I'm going to be successful. I'm pulling out ALL the stops though, so hopefully we can get this burned into her hard little head. And maybe once it's there it will never come out like with my first one!! :D

No comments: