Friday, November 7, 2008

How to get your kids to eat Beets

Michaela: no accidents!
Maeve: 1
Alasdair: 2

Honestly, I hate beets. I always have. They rank right up there behind celery as some of the foulest food on Earth. But we can get our girls to eat beets! Yep! All you have to do is tell them that they'll have pink pee and pink poop and they'll gladly eat them just to see the results. :P Although it doesn't seem to have worked with the Dude. And it also helps to try to cook them in at least a semi-edible state. I think tonight's recipe involved vanilla extract of some kind.

But I can guarantee that Michaela will be watching the toilet tomorrow to see what color her poop is. It's like solving two problems in one! Get them to poop, and get them to eat their veggies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made beets for myself (I love beets) and I found that my son loves them. I stared early with veggies and it pays off. However, I find the pink pee and poo works with adults too.

http://www.healthyschoolscampaign.org/?beets