Saturday, November 1, 2008

Post Halloween Surprise!

Michaela: no accidents!
Maeve: 2
Alasdair: 3

I changed a really full Doodie diaper this morning and found a holiday surprise!! In dude's second diaper of the early morning (like before 8:30 a.m.) I found 5 whole and intact pumpkin seeds! Let's see, we carved our pumpkins on Wednesday, and today is Saturday, so it takes 3 days for pumpkin seeds to pass through an HD kid. :)

This isn't the first time we've found neat things in his diaper either. The first incident was a Friday evening. I took off his diaper to get him into the bathtub and it was poopy, of course. But nestled right inside the nasties was a little red rubbery frog. Yep. A frog. Now, I have photos, but that's even too nasty for me to post on my blog, so you'll just have to trust me. It was hilarious frankly. I called my husband to tell him, and then I called my babysitter to see if she was missing a small red frog toy. Lo and behold, they were! :) She was mortified, but I wasn't upset. In fact, when we went to our next check up with Dr. W at Children's Hospital I told him that his colon was working just fine and told him the story. He was cracking up. I love a surgeon with a good sense of humor. :)

The second incident was just a couple of months ago. I was changing his diaper, poopy of course, and found a rubber band in there!

Between Doodie's diaper surprises and Michaela's cramming foreign objects up her nose, I think I'm doomed. I don't even want to think about what Maeve will do someday. :)

No comments: