Monday, November 17, 2008

Today was one of those days that made me want to write this blog

Michaela: no accidents!
Maeve: 2
Alasdair: 4

So, even though Michaela didn't have any accidents today, she totally clogged the toilet with toilet paper because she uses an entire roll to wipe her butt. And then when we went to swimming lessons today I took her into the locker room, got her ready to go, handed her goggles to her and asked her point blank: DO YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM? Nope! So off we go. We wait for about 2 minutes for class to start and when I start walking her over to where her class meets she says she has to go to the bathroom. Seriously?? Really?? Ugh.

And with Maeve and Alasdair today, they each had some poops during the day, maeve 1 and Alasdair THREE (and one of which made the poor guy wake up from his nap screaming bloody murder). In the afternoon we went to pick Michaela up from school and take her to her dentist appointment. And since Maeve will be three in January, she's due to go, too, so I decided to take her back and let her watch Michaela get her cleaning. The great thing is that she was raring to go! She wanted her turn now and wasn't interested in waiting until next time. So that's good. The not so great thing is that after the hygienist came and called for Michaela, i went to the play area to grab the little ones and smelled Doodie right away. Great. So I picked him up and took Maeve's hand. We walked through the door and Maeve turns to me and says, "I poopie." Yup, she was. So I got to trot both my poopie babies through the dentist office and stink up the corner of the place for 30 minutes while Michaela gets her teeth cleaned.

How to kids learn such great timing?

No comments: